The Department of Mathematics was established on 1964 and it provides undergraduate course with Statistics and Physics as complementary subjects since 1967. The department also provides complementary course for B. Sc. Physics and Chemistry and offers an open course viz; ‘Mathematics for natural sciences’ for fifth semester students not having Mathematics as Core Course.The students from the Department are participating various courses offered by other departments viz; Open, Complementary Courses and languages (English, Malayalam, Hindi and Sanskrit). The sanctioned strength for B. Sc. Mathematics is 30. The former principal Prof. M. Prabhakaran (1978-86) and the present principal Sri. D. Jayaprasad are the honorable faculty members of our department. Sri. D. Jayaprasad served as the Chairman of the U.G. Board of Studies in Mathematics (2013-16). An effective old student’s association is functioning well.
- Third and fifth semester classes will start on 1st June 2018.
- National statistics day celebration June 29.
- First semester UG admission will start by June last week.
- Induction programme for first year students to give awareness about college and course.
- Fresher’s day for first semester students.
- Bridge programme to give a platform for the subject in the syllabus.
- First internal examination on August first week.
- Class PTA on August.
- Onam celebration .
- A seminar will be conducted by the department in connection with Mathemagic world on September.
- Second internal examination on September.
- Even semester will be started on November.
- First internal examination on December.
- Mathematics day celebration on December 22.
- Christmas celebration .
- A seminar will be organized by the department on January.
- Second internal examination on February.
- Exit programme on March.
- Other special programme throughout the academic year are remedial coaching and quality circle.
Seminar & Workshop (2018-19)
Title of the seminar: One day National Seminar on Mathematics and Statistics
In association with IQAC, Sree Krishna College, Guruvayur Department of Mathematics conducted a One Day National Seminar on Mathematics and Statistics on 21/01/2019. Sree Krishna College Principal Prof. D. Jayaprasad presided and inaugurated the function. The first session were handled by Ms. Smitha P, Assistant Professor & HOD, Department of Mathematics, Sri Vyasa NSS College, Wadakkanchery. Her presentation title is “How and Where What you study – A peripheral look ”. And the Next session “Correlation and Regression” is handled by Dr. Sudheesh Kumar Kattumannil, Assistant Professor, Applied Statistics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Chennai. This seminar is financially assisted by PTA, Sree Krishna College, Guruvayur.
Brochure Click Here
Seminar Report Click Here
Conducted annual alumni meeting on 12-01-2019